Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Blueberry Mania!


Recently we have come into a wealth of blueberries.  A blueberry mine.  A blueberry well.  Last March when I was volunteering as a hostess in a hoop skirt during Columbus’ Pilgrimage, one of the owners of one of the antebellum mansions I was working in offered up her twenty-some blueberry bushes for picking in June and July.  See, her husband is a lobbyist in DC and the antebellum mansion is kind of their winter home, or vacation home.  Can you imagine?  Anyway, I have gone out picking with my parents, Caleb’s family, my friends and Caleb over the past couple weeks.  The results?  See below.  
The results of picking with the Beckers!


This pie turned out a bit wonky.  I’m blaming the foil pan.  Still tasted good though. 

Picking blueberries with my mom reminded of this beloved children’s classic that we read many times growing up. 

Oh, and we’ve also had blueberry pancakes, blueberry sherbet, and two blueberry cobblers that were not photographed.  And many many handfuls of fresh blueberries.  Yummy!
Aaaand....this is kind of how I’ve felt the past three weeks....

3 comments:

  1. What a whole bunch of blueberry yumminess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We read that book to our girls too. I think they probably all have a copy now for their kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - those look so delicious! Glad your enjoying so many blueberries!

    ReplyDelete