Sunday, April 22, 2012

Our House aka May I live a Thousand Years and Never Paint Again

I hate to disappoint but I spent so much energy painting and shopping and arranging that I can not muster up much clever copy so I’ll just let the pictures do the talking, with just a few comments.  :-) 

Front of the house before:

Front of the house after I clipped the hedges: 

We’re thinking of painting sometime this year, something less drab.  We’ll probably do some more landscaping, too. 

Living/dining room before:


Living room after:

Living/dining room before: 

Living/dining room after:

Kitchen before:

After:


Family room before (poor photography, sorry!):

Family room after:

We didn’t quite get the color right here so we may repaint later.  Also, we’re hoping to replace  the futon sometime this year. 

Guest bathroom before:

And after:

At one point the bathroom was actually the same orange as the kitchen but it turned out to be a bit much for this little room.

Office before:

Office after:

Guest room--looked the same as the office before:

We’re planning on putting some nightstands and a little dresser in here sometime this year, if we get a bedroom set for the master.

Master bedroom before:

And after:

Master bathroom before--carpeted, boo:

After:

Caleb seeding the crater in the back yard:

You can sort of see the grass starting to come up!  Also, there were several completely out of control trees and hedges that I took down a notch.

So there you have it. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You are a ball of fire. (TR's comment.) I can't believe how much you have gotten done!! You are definitely not sitting watching TV and eating bonbons. It is very lovely.
    TR & Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha well thank you! I have had a lot of help from Caleb. And the contractors who installed the carpet and tile. And...sometimes I do watch TV. But I do not eat bonbons. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been working so hard! Great job. I really like your pretty bedspread : ) The yellow and gray colors for your bedroom are very nice.

    ReplyDelete