Sunday, November 13, 2011

Good Company

The weekend before this last one, Caleb’s grandparents came down from Richmond to visit us!  We had a great time visiting with them and we believe they did, too.  They got to attend an assignment night(the class before Caleb’s--we’re next!), took an extensive tour of the base and the town, dined at the microscopic Thai restaurant here, and attended church with us.  

Earlier in the day they arrived, I took the fall flower voucher the base housing gives residents out to an appointed nursery and was able to get a little pencil tree, orange and white pansies, and a terracotta pot.  I painted the pot turquoise and planted it and put in a little mulch and thought it looked pretty good!  I now consider myself an advanced gardener for putting more than one kind of plant in one pot. 

Just for fun, I made a little towel cake out of guest towels and soap to welcome the grandparents.  I made a horrible attempt at making a little cake towel in my car of the Target parking lot for my cousin Kate’s bridal shower and even that was enough fun that I thought it should not be confined to bridal showers.  


And here we all are!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I loved that (dish)towel cake! I believe it had cloth napkins as well, no? It was great. What a cute idea to use it for guests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun time. Love your towel cake! It looks perfect. And we can only dream of flowers in pots right now! :-)

    ReplyDelete