Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekender

Last Friday Caleb finished work half a day early, so we decided to take Friday afternoon to go pick some apples so we could still watch football on Saturday...yay...actually we watched the Navy vs. Air Force game which was exciting because we were personally invested and it was a very exciting, nerve-wracking game.  Anyway, here we are at our closest local apple orchard...about one hundred miles from our house...

We picked two types of apples, mainly Pink Ladies and a new one called Arkansas Blacks.


We got about fifteen pounds of apples for ten dollars.  Score! 


It was a beautiful day!


 Then on Saturday morning I participated in my very first race! I ran a 10K in 48:25, which was about seven minutes faster than I thought I would run it, so I guess all that stuff about the competition pushing you is true!  The weather was perfect, as it has been for the past week or so, and the course took us up and down the runways on base which added a little extra interest and fun! I was the fourth-place female finisher(out of twelve or so--but only two minutes behind the female winner!) and tenth overall(out of about forty).  So I guess it was a pretty small race but I had a lot of fun and I am hooked! 

Here I am after the race, with my number on and everything. 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your run! The apple picking looks fun - too bad it isn't closer to you!

    ReplyDelete