Friday, September 23, 2011

Horseback Riding

Yesterday I got the opportunity to do some horseback riding through some friends of a friend who has horses.  The last time I was on a horse was over four years ago so I was a little rusty and unfortunately these horses were a little older and not accustomed to being ridden much, so they were kind of set in their ways, which is a problem because the first rule of riding is that the horse has to know that you’re in charge.  We had a bit of a power struggle initially but did warm to each other just as the sun was setting.  I still really enjoyed being around the horses and hope to do it again soon.  





1 comment:

  1. I haven't been on a horse for probably 45 years! In girl scouts we did a session about horses - grooming, etc. and then got to ride.

    ReplyDelete